My very first Bollywood movie. I was reluctant to see it, since I thought it would be just like Bride and Prejudice, which I didn't care for much.
Fortunately, my dad basically forced all of us to watch it, and I ended up loving it. The heightened emotions, the colors, the family values, the beautiful people, the song and dance, the sweeping romance -- I had never experienced anything like it before. I wasn't sure what had hit me, but I knew that I loved it. As soon as the movie was over I wanted to watch it over again.
I don't know how I would have reacted to it if I had seen other Hindi films first. But, whatever its weaknesses, I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for the film that drew me into the magical world of Bollywood.
For more on how the whole thing started, see here.)
Monday, December 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment